"The Valley of Harmony” was setup on a special personal occasion, Jacky’s (our key scaper 😎) birthday in 2019. Since then, we have enjoyed this slice of nature for almost two years. The layout design was taken care of from all visible angles and not only from the front side.
A wide range of aquatic plants, driftwoods and rocks are combined in this aquascape to create a harmony habitat for living creatures inside the aquarium.
There are about 40 types of aquatic plants growing healthily in “The Valley of Harmony”, creating a colourful and dynamic scenery of an underwater world. Stem plants in the layout create lively feeling whereas mosses on driftwoods and rocks reflect a “wabi-sabi” sense of time’s passage. All plants are flourishing to bring out the harmonious colour scheme thus the tranquillity and peace for this aquascape.
What we really love about this scape is its natural transformation overtime. After the maintenance of the scape was loosened, the plants grew wildly.
Surprisingly, the changes did not make the tank less attractive, but the transformation came in such a surprising way which made the aquascape even more beautiful than ever. It is so true that Nature never goes out of style and “in every walk with Nature, one receives far more than he seeks.”(John Muir).
How to setup:
- Title/Name: “The Valley of Harmony”
- Tank: 120x45x45cm (L X W X H), Crystal Glass, 12mm thickness, 243L
- Style: Nature Aquarium
- Substrate: PRODIBIO AquaGrowth Soil, JBL Florapol base substrate.
- Stone: Lava Stones
- Wood: Malayan Driftwoods
- Lighting/Fixtures/Tubes/Bulbs: Chihiros RGB Vivid II x 2
- Photoperiod: 8hrs a day (0830hrs to 1230hrs, 1700hrs to 2100hrs)
- Filter: OASE BioMaster600 and OASE BioMaster850 / Eheim Professional 3 1200XL (2080).
- Filter Media: Mixed of Neo BioMedia (Pure), Eheim Substrat Pro, Seachem Matrix
- Filter Pipes/Plumbing: Stainless Steel In / Out Jet Pipes
- Chiller: Teco TK500, set at 26degC
- CO2: Pressure CO2 injection, 8hrs a day (0730hrs-1130hrs, 1600hrs-2000hrs)
- Fertilizers: Seachem Fertilizers N, P, K, Iron, Trace, Advance
- Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo'
- Hydrocotyle tripatita
- Micranthemum micranthemoides
- Hydrocotyle verticillata
- Helanthium tennelum 'green'
- Eleocharis acicularis 'mini'
- Rotala rotundifolia
- Rotala rotundifolia 'green'
- Rotala rotundifolia 'orange juice'
- Rotala rotundifolia 'Vietnam super red'
- Rotala Mexicana 'green'
- Rotala H'ra
- Rotala Macrandra
- Rotala Macrandra 'yellow'
- Rotala Macrandra 'type IV red'
- Limnophila Vietnam
- Limnophila aromatica
- Ludwigia sp. 'super red'
- Ludwigia arcuata
- Ludwigia brevipes
- Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini'
- Alternanthera reineckii 'varigated'
- Myriophyllum 'Guyana'
- Anubias nana 'petite'
- Anubias nana 'golden'
- Bucephalandra 'ghost 2011'
- Bucephalandra sp. var
- Nymphoides hydrophylla 'Taiwan'
- Nymphaea zenkeri
- Cryptocoryne wendtii
- Cryptocoryne undulatus 'green'
- Cryptocoryne 'Hang Doi'
- Fissidens fontanus
- Vesicularia sp. 'Christmas moss'
- Vesicularia sp. 'Anchor moss'
- Taxiphyllum sp. 'Flame moss'
- Vesicularia sp. 'Weeping moss'
- Taxiphyllum 'Taiwan moss'
- Taxiphyllum 'Java moss'
- White Cloud Mountain Minnows (Tanichthys albonubes)
- Threadfin Rainbow Fish (Iriatherina werneri)
- Oto Catfish (Macrotocinclus affinis)
- Amano shrimps (Caridina multidentate)
- Red Cherry Shrimps (Neocaridina davidi)
- Horned nerite snails (Clithon corona)
- Bladder snails (Physella acuta)